Grilled Asian Round Steak with Sesame-Ginger Slaw[ Print This! ]
Allow 1 full day to marinate meat
- 1-1.5 lbs Kinikin Heights 100% Grass-Fed Round Steak
For the marinade
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 5 Tbsp oil
- 3 tsp peeled, fresh minced ginger
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- 5 c thinly sliced Napa or Chinese cabbage
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp Sriracha or 2 red jalapenos
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4 c chopped green oniones
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Mix marinade ingredients and round steak together. Marinate overnight
- Stir sugar and vinegar in small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves; remove from heat.
- Add Sriracha sauce or jalapenos, 2 tsp ginger, and sesame oil
- Mix cabbage and 1/2 c green onions in medium bowl along with red bell peppers.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and top with 1/4 c green onions and sesame seeds (Dressing can be made the day before. The salad can be made a couple of hours before you grill the round steak so that the flavors have more time to blend in).
- Heat bbq to Medium
- Grill steak until cooked to desired doneness, about 3-4 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer to work surface. Let rest 10 minutes. Slice steak thinly against the grain.
Raising the bar for free range and grass fed meats.